So I had a major lag in posting over the winter months. I can blame it on a myriad of things (winter depression, busy with ending the semester/holidays/beginning a new semester), but it won't really matter. The only thing that matters is that I dropped the ball in blogging, so now I have some making up to do.
On January 31, Aaron made his 1st Communion! We spent quite a bit of time preparing for it, both at home and at school (I love that our kids go to school at St. Mary's...really helped with the prep work). He had to pass an interview first, and he did an amazing job. He knew all the answers, except one, which Sadie answered for him. Actually, he did know the answer, he just didn't understand what was being asked.
On January 30, the entire group of 2nd graders got together for pictures. Of course, that was the weekend right after the huge snow storm, so just getting out of the garage in the minivan was questionable (the CR-V would've had no problems). However, we did safely make it to the church for the photos. We finally got the professional pics in about a week or so ago.
Then, the big day. Unfortunately, it is tough to get good pics in our church, thanks to the lighting. Plus, apparently, Monsignor doesn't believe in smiling for pictures, and neither does Aaron. Makes for great photos. But, here's what I have...
Here they are walking in...not a very clear shot

And here's the big moment...His First Communion!

And here's the big moment...His First Communion!
Very prayerful (and handsome)
Here he is coming back to his pew after receiving his scapular.
And this was taken after mass. See what I mean about them not smiling? What's with that? Why are guys like that, and why is my 8 year old already like that...
Despite the cold and snowing weather (which kept a few people from being able to make it to mass that morning), it was a very special day. Thanks to all of you who were able to come. I know Aaron really appreciated it!
1 comment:
And I was there. Except of course they booted me out for the actual communion taking.
Post a Comment