Saturday, November 26, 2011

Where Have I Been?

Ok, so I know you guys have been wondering where I have been. After all, it has been over 6 months since my last post. A big reason for my absence from blogging is because I did something to my desktop computer and it will no longer allow me to publish a new blog post. I can type a post, and save it, but it won't publish. So now, the only way to publish posts is to do it on a different computer, which for some reason, I never do get around to doing. It's a bummer for me, because there were a ton of things to post about over the last 6 months, like us getting our first foster child in August, and two concerts we went to over the summer, and the start of a new school year, and Aaron joining the Amarillo Boys' Choir, and Sadie taking ballet and tap this year, and Halloween, and tons of other things that now will not be saved here on the blog for me to go back through and read as reminders of those events.

One thing that I do want to put here is something that Toby reminded me of from when Aaron was a baby. We rarely let him sleep with us at night, but one of the few times we did put him in bed with us, I started a little tradition. In the morning, I would sing to him the chorus of the song "Good Morning, Beautiful" by Brad Paisley. For a long time, I sang this to him every morning when he would wake up. For some reason, I stopped singing it to him. I don't know how or when I stopped, but I did, and I had completely forgotten about it until Toby mentioned it in the car the other day. I wonder how he would feel if I started singing it to him every morning again. Maybe we should find out :)

No comments: