Sunday, July 18, 2010

"I Can Speak Cat, You Know."

Sadie loves cats. She has for as long as I can remember. She meows a lot. Not as much as she used to. She used to answer every question with a meow. Or sometimes a hiss. Depended on what the question was, I guess. She has, in the past, informed me that she is part cat, and sometimes I believe her. She gets this cat part of her from Toby. I have heard him meow before, too, but that's another story...

Anyways, tonight, on the way home from a birthday party, Sadie starts a conversation about our cat, Widget. It began with Sadie wishing that Widget could talk. Next thing I know, Sadie says, "I can speak cat language. Did you know that, Mom?"

My response: "Really?"

Sadie simply says, "Yep. Three meows means yes, and two meows means no. Did you know that?"

My response: "No. I didn't know that."

Sadie further explains: "It's one meow for each letter in the answer. Three for yes because yes has 3 letters, and two meows for no because no has 2 letters."

So, if you ever need a cat whisperer, give Sadie a call. She can speak their language, you know :)

No comments: