That's the way the two new songs I've added to my blog are. They are the 1st two listed on my playlist. "Lead Me" by Sanctus Real and "Safe in My Arms" by Plumb. If you haven't heard these songs, take a moment to listen to them (even though they are listed 1st, they don't play 1st because I have the shuffle turned on and can't seem to turn it off...so you'll have to click on them). They both send an eye-opening reminder to me of just exactly what my job is (or should be) as a mom and wife. I know, "Lead Me" is from a husband's perspective, but it very easily fits for a mom/wife as well.
You see, these songs perfectly highlight that I am to raise my kids (and Toby, although "raise" isn't really the correct word for him) in a manner that will lead them to God, and ultimately, to Heaven. Sometimes, that part of my job gets overshadowed by the things the world thinks my job as parent (and wife) should be...football and scouts and music lessons and homework and cleaning the house. Now don't get me wrong, these are all important as well, but even the focus of these should be centered around God.
"Whatever you do, do it for the glory of God." 1 Cor 10:31
Even when it's football, or scouts, or music, or homework, or house cleaning, or anything else...I should do it in a manner that will glorify God. I should be a better example for my family. I know that I do lead my kids (and Toby)...but my example does not always lead them in the right way...to the Way, the Truth, and the Life.
Does my family feel safe in my arms? Do they know that they can count on me? That I will always there for them and do everything I can to protect them from their storms? Do they know that they are the most important thing to me?
So, Jesus, in the many times I fail to lead my family to You, strengthen me, and lead me. Fill me with You so that I can lead them. Amen.
2 comments:
When I am stuck with my writing the right tune can awaken my muse.
My word verification is manitch. Just thought I'd share that.
Beautiful post...beautiful song. Thanks for sharing...
Post a Comment