Monday, December 19, 2011

First Christmas

This past weekend was the first of many Christmas celebrations. And we actually had 2 Christmases. First, we woke up and headed out to a small hanger southeast of town. It was the Buckners Christmas party for all the foster kids and families that they license here. We were served breakfast and then Santa arrived via helicopter. I guess he didn't want to wear out the reindeer so close to Christmas. The kids thought it was pretty cool watching him land. Then each kid (EVERY kid, not just the foster kids, but also kids like Aaron and Sadie) got a gift from Santa. Gifts were wrapped, but labelled according to age. Aaron and Sadie got board games (Sorry and Trouble) and Miss K (sorry, I can't post any identifiable info about her) got some stackable cups and a shape shorting bucket. After this, they also got to ride a pony, which all three really enjoyed. Sadie wants us to get a pony so she can ride anytime she wants to!

Then, Sadie had a piano recital. She did really well considering she didn't practice much. I need to be better about making her sit down to practice...

Next, we were off to Toby's family for their Christmas. At lunch/supper around 4:30 and then opened gifts. All 3 kids were very happy. Sadie got some Hello Kitty Mega Bloks, Aaron got cash (which is all he wants this year), and Miss K got a Sing-a-ma-jig and a little Fisher Price "CD Player." If I had know how annoying that Sing-a-ma-jig would be, I never would have picked it out for her, but she loves it.

After this, we rushed out to a different hanger in town for a tour of Christmas lights by airplane that we had won in an auction. Sadie and Toby absolutely loved it and would have gone again right then. I was just glad we took off and landed safely, and Aaron was a little disappointed because you really couldn't see the Christmas lights all that great from a plane...they kind of blended in with the regular lights. But still, it was a great opportunity.

Then we went back to Granny's to spend some more time with Toby's family. Had a great time, and really think we should get together more often.

Then, Sunday, we got to light the candles on the Advent wreath at mass, which Sadie really thought was cool. And then we went to Aaron's Youth Choir Concert. Very beautiful, and I'm so glad that he is involved in such a great program. Unfortunately, Miss K didn't stay quiet and we had to leave before getting to listen to all the choirs perform. But, we got to hear Aaron, and that's what was most important.

Now, it's Monday, and I got nothing accomplished housework wise. I'm behind on laundry and dishes and cleaning, and didn't get to go buy groceries. Oh well. It'll get done eventually :) And now, we are just looking forward to more festivities!

1 comment:

Travis Erwin said...

Busy busy. At least school is out soon for a small break.