We send our kids to a private school. Yes, that means that we pay for our kids' education, plus we pay our taxes to pay for public schools too. Yes, I know we could save money by sending our kids to public school, and I know that the school our kids would go to is a good school. So we get asked sometimes...why? And even when people don't actually ASK, I know some of them wonder.
And yes, there have been times when I have thought about that same "why". But every single time I have even begun to think about it, I have always felt that I have received a clear sign that our kids are at the right school. Last night, even though I wasn't even thinking about that "why," I was given a reminder of why we love our school, and why we send our kids there.
Last night, we went to confession. Our church is offering the sacrament 4 nights this week, and last night worked out with our schedule. It started at 7:00, but we got there a little early. While we were waiting for "our turn," Aaron's teacher came into the chapel and knelt next to us. What a powerful and wonderful example for him! I love that our kids go to mass with their teachers every Friday. And I love that we see most of their teachers at mass on Sunday. They get to see their teachers worship, and praise, and seek forgiveness. And this is not only present when they go to school mass, or go to confession, or go to Adoration or religion class. They see this example throughout their school day...in their math and science lesson. In music and P.E., and in reading and social studies and lunch and recess and everything else. I know that I so often fail to include Jesus in all the activities of the day, but my kids are learning that He is a part of everything. Not just the important, major events, but even in the mundane, everyday events. And then to see it outside of school, too...to see their teachers living their faith...that is a priceless example!
Do Deer Eat Clover Lawns
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment