Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Probably the Last Time...

Last night, Aaron requested that I cut his hair. He told me that his head gets hot at night, plus he really liked one of his classmate's hairstyle yesterday, so he asked me to cut it like that. I informed him that all I am capable of doing is a buzz cut, of varying lengths. But he insisted. I suppose he still has a little bit of that "my mom is awesome and can do anything" attitude. I know we are just a few years away from the "my mom is a total idiot and couldn't possibly know/understand anything" attitude, so I am enjoying things while I can.
So, he asked me last night. Like at 9:00. When there is no light outside, which is where I usually cut (buzz) his hair. So, I set some trash sacks out to cover the bathroom sink and floor, and dove it. Here's a picture from this weekend...the "before" shot because I didn't think to take a picture before I started cutting...
On a side note, this picture was taken at the regional science fair in Lubbock, where he won a 1st place ribbon & medal for his project "Name That Tune" comparing nylon guitar strings to guitar guitar strings.
So, I started cutting, first with scissors because his hair was too long and thick to go straight to the razor. I cut, and cut, and cut. Then I switched to the razor, with the next to biggest blade (a 7 blade) for the back and sides of his hair, and the biggest blade (8 blade...supposed to leave the hair 1" long) for the top. This was the end result...
He was not impressed after the haircut...it didn't look like his friend's hair, and it was too short and he was embarrassed to go to school. So I'm thinking this was probably the last time he'll ever ask me to cut his hair, unless he really is just wanting a true buzz cut. And, I think just maybe, we may be even closer to that "my mom is an idiot" stage. Oh well...luckily it's just hair and it will grow back. And I kind of like the curls with his longer hair anyways...

No comments: