Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Update From a Slacker

Man, have I been slacking about keeping up with this blog. I seriously doubt anyone really reads this blog anymore, but I do want to keep posting to it as a sort-of scrapbook. It is really neat to go back and read the old posts and remember what was going on in our lives back then. But even though I thoroughly enjoy that, I still keep dropping the ball.

So here are some random updates...

Aaron starts middle school in just over two weeks. For the first time, my kids will be at different schools. And we will have to learn all about the new school. I am looking forward to this adventure, but have to admit I'm a little sad that he's leaving behind his old school. And I'm a little nervous about the new one...I pray that it is as great of a fit for him and us as his elementary was.

Sadie will be in 3rd grade. She made her First Holy Communion last year right before Christmas, and right before we took our trip to Italy. And the worst thing is that I didn't post about EITHER of those major events...  Maybe I just need to do a photo-entry with pics from each one...

Today we bought Aaron football cleats. He needed a size 8! Holy Moly!!! And we also got him a few mouth guards. I *LOVE* football and I am so glad that he will be playing :) It is all so exciting!!!

Toby and I are on a weight-loss journey. I would say diet, but it's more than what a diet usually brings to mind. We started on June 3, and now, just a little over 2 months later, we have each lost 20 pounds. We started with a "fad diet" which showed us that we can eat smaller portions. We have committed to healthier eating, and so far, we have stuck with it. I want to boldly proclaim that this IS our new lifestyle, and that is indeed the plan. But I also know how easy it is to fall off the diet-wagon. So, like AA, we take it one day at a time.  Toby has been working out some during these 2 months, but I really haven't, so I hope to get motivated to start and commit to exercising. It will just help melt that fat away!

I hope to come back to read this blog a year from now, and 10 years from now, and be able to say that we did stick with it...that it truly was a lifestyle change, and that we reached our goal weights and stayed there.  BTW, Toby is a lot closer to his goal than I am to mine...

I guess that's enough of an update for now. Hopefully I can post again soon...maybe with pictures and stories from our Italy trip, or our Hawai'i trip, and Sadie's 1st Communion, and all the adventures this new school year will bring :)

No comments: