We have some crazy weather here in the Texas Panhandle, but sometimes it works out so that the day after a big snow, the weather is fairly nice. That's what happened this time. We had warm weather all week through Thursday, got a lot of snow yesterday, and then today, the snow was all melted off the roads and sidewalks in our neighborhood. It was still a bit cold today, but it was nice enough to let the kids go play in the snow that remained (thanks to the winds yesterday, we had some decent drifts that haven't melted away yet). So, that's exactly what they did, and they had a blast! We built 3 snowmen with the kids from the neighborhood. Here are a few pictures:
A fun snowball fight w/ one of the neighbors. Aaron had just hit her with a pretty big one, and was walking away laughing (when I say hit her, I mean dropped one on her back as she was bent down making her own snowball). I'm hoping that since you can't see her face, her parents won't mind that I put this photo online.
Sadie enjoying the snow. She had so much fun :)
This one is Sadie's snowman. She was so proud, and wanted it to be just like Aaron's
Here's Aaron's snowman that him and one of the neighbors worked on together. It took all my muscles to get the middle snowball on! After completing the snowman, Aaron yelled "Hey mom, look!" And this is what he was doing. Crazy kid!
Monkey see, Monkey do. Since Aaron thought it was funny to pretend to eat his snowman's carrot-nose, Sadie had to follow suit. This was then followed by all the kids pretending to lick their snowmen.More snowball fights and snow-wrestling followed the completion of the snowmen. All the kids wanted to tackle their snowmen before we went inside, but I talked them into waiting until Toby gets home to see them. Sorry I can't show pictures of all 3 snowmen, but there are other kids in those shots, so just use your imagination :)
Both kids thanked God for the snow and for getting to make snowmen in their prayers tonight, and asked for even more snow. Both kids also fell asleep very quickly tonight. I wonder why???
No comments:
Post a Comment