Last night was a first for my kids...their 1st ever concert! My 1st concert was when I was in college, so my kids are way ahead of me :) Anyways, St. Mary's had Matt Maher come do a benefit concert last night. I had bought the tickets several weeks ago (because they were $5 cheaper if you bought them in advance), but completely forgot about the concert. So when we got home yesterday (around 4:30), I took out my contacts and put on my jammies. Then, at 6:50, Toby called (he was in Colorado waiting for a train to come home) and he asked if we were at the church yet, or on our way.
The concert started at 7.
Whoops. We hadn't even eaten supper yet. So, I told the kids to get their socks/shoes on and go to the bathroom, and I grabbed some snacks they could eat on the way (in the car, which I usually don't let them eat in the car), and off we went.
As I was backing out of the garage, I realized I was still in my glasses (and any of you who know me know that I can't be seen in public with my 4 inch thick glasses in public...I can barely drive in them), so I ran in and grabbed my contacts and changed into them at the 1st red light we came to.
We got there about 20 minutes late, and when we walked in, I realized that I had forgotten how loud concerts are. Sadie hates loud anything, so I cringed waiting for her to start complaining, but she didn't! Instead, she just started swaying and bouncing to the music.
Both kids really enjoyed the concert...for about the 1st hour. After that, they had had enough and were ready to go home. Me being the mean mom that I am, I made them stay until the end (around 9).
Overall, it was a good experience. Now the kids can brag that they have been to a pop/rock concert (okay, so a Christian pop/rock concert, but still...). And now I have some new songs by Matt Maher I love (I could only find one of the new songs to add to my music for this blog...It's "Alive Again").
Stay tuned to this blog for some very late posts...about Sadie's b-day party in Groom, spring break, and who knows what else :)
Do Deer Eat Clover Lawns
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment