Monday, March 8, 2010

The Sweet Sound...

...of siblings laughing! I love my kids, but it seems like they spend waaaaay too much time arguing and snitching on each other. So last night was very precious to me.

It all started on Saturday, really. For Sadie's 5th b-day, we got all the stuff to turn her toddler bed into a "big girl" bed. So, we took apart the toddler bed and started re-assembling it as a full size bed (which I though it could be turned into a twin bed, so I had already bought all the stuff for a twin bed...had to exchange everything, but that's a different story). Anyways, with all the mishaps in the process of converting her bed, we didn't actually finish until Sunday. So, last night was Sadie's 1st night ever in her new bed.

So, we said our prayers (in Sadie's room) and both kids couldn't stop giggling. Every little look or sound would result in an eruption of laughter, usually from Aaron 1st, then Sadie. Next, I tucked them each into their beds, and told them goodnight.

And I continued to hear giggles. I LOVED that they were actually bonding in a healthy way, so I didn't want to make them stop. Every now and then, I would remind them gently that it was time to sleep, and they would laugh more. Finally, Aaron decided it would be better if he just slept in Sadie's new bed with her. A few more minutes of those sweet giggles, and then my little man (who is NOT a night owl) fell fast asleep, with Sadie still whispering to him and giggling. Shortly thereafter, Sadie fell asleep too.

I am glad that they had such a good time together last night. I love it when they get along, but when they are actually having a good time getting along...well that's just priceless :) What a great night!

No comments: