Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Catching Up

Well, it's been awhile since I lost posted anything. Seems like I always get so busy those last few weeks of school. So, in a nut shell, here's what been happening around here.
First was field day at school. The kids love field day, and always have a blast. This year, it was tougher getting pictures of Aaron. He was "big enough" to not have to be supervised by an adult this year, so he ran off with his friends and was often difficult to find. I did get a few of him, but most are with his classmates, so I don't have any I feel I can put up on the net. But, here are a few of Sadie...








Next, we had the awards assembly for the elementary kids. Aaron received 2 awards: Presidential Physical Fitness Award, and an award for running/walking 50+ miles in the mileage club this year. He did a great job, but one kid ran over 100 miles. Sets a pretty high goal for Aaron for the future... Aaron also had perfect attendance this year, but the school decided in the fall that they weren't going to do awards for perfect attendance this year because of how many kids got the flu this year. They didn't want kids to try to keep their perfect attendance and come to school when they were sick, so they just cancelled that award. Bummer. Oh well. Stinkin' flu...
Then, came the last day of school. On the next-to-last day of school, one of the kindergartner moms gave me a bunch of her daughters uniforms for Sadie for next year. Yes, Sadie will be in kindergarten next year. That's a whole other post waiting to happen there. Anyways, Sadie was so incredibly excited about getting uniforms, she insisted that I wash them that night so that she could wear a uniform for the last day of school. She was so stinking cute...


And here are pictures of Aaron and Sadie with their teachers at dismissal on Friday. I really don't know who is more relieved that school is out...my kids or their teachers...




Then, on Saturday, as Toby was taking some tree limbs to the "dump" across Georgia, he found this...




Nice, right? Less than 2 miles from our house. Not to mention that our neighbors (2 houses down) found a baby rattle snake in their front yard the week before. Gotta love all the construction and rain...

The kids have been enjoying being out of school. They spend most of their time with neighbor kids, either playing outside, or in our house, or in one of the neighbor's houses. It's nice to have someone close by that the kids like. It will help keep them entertained this summer.

So, that's it for us for now. Lots of stuff to do this summer, and I'm sure it will fly by. I'll try to keep this updated more often...

No comments: