Then, last week, I put on a basketball camp (with the help of another mom) for the elementary kids at Aaron's school. We did a boys' camp (for boys entering 3rd-6th grade) in the morning, and a girls' camp (same ages) in the afternoon. Although we didn't have a lot of kids, it was still lots of fun, and most definitely a learning experience. I never realized just how different boys and girls are in elementary, but let me tell you...they are WAY different. Most of all, it was great watching the kids improve over the week, and great to get to watch Aaron playing my favorite sport! Hopefully, he will continue to play, and get better.
Here are a few pictures from b-ball camp. I took 100's of pictures, but the lighting (and the speed of the kids) made for some not-so-stellar photos. But I did get a few of Aaron that turned out decent enough...
This one is first thing, while we waited for the rest of the boys to get there...
Aaron going in for a lay-up...this is probably one of his most improved skills. He can now use the correct hand and foot!
Here's one of Sadie. I ordered her a b-ball camp shirt, too, because I knew that she'd spend some time up there with us (when Toby was gone)
Dribbling laps, right handed...
And finally, here's Sadie's version of the defensive stance...needs some work, but at least it's a starting point.
So, overall, it was a great 2 weeks. Now we have the 4th to get ready for, and then just a little over a month of summer left before school starts back. Can you believe it?
No comments:
Post a Comment