Monday, January 17, 2011

First Communion Dresses

Yesterday at mass, there were two little girls making their First Communion. Sadie noticed them right away, and tugged at my sleeve. "Mom, when can I wear a dress like that?"

I told her that when she was in 2nd grade, she would get to make her First Communion. Her question: "And then I will get to wear a dress like those?" I nodded and smiled at her. Then, she looked up at me with the biggest smile and said, "Oh, sign me up, mom. Seriously! Sign. Me. Up."

Then I asked her which of the two dresses she liked better. One was a more modern version (less frilly) and the other was a more traditional type (poofy and sparkly). Anyone who knows Sadie can guess which one she picked. Her comment: "Ohhh...I like the one with sparkles. Can I have one with sparkles?"

Although I do not wish her to grow up too fast, I am looking forward to the day she gets to wear her sparkly white dress to church.

3 comments:

Travis Erwin said...

Zalen had first communion Sat night. he was not thrilled to be wearing a suit and tie.

That Janie Girl said...

That's sweet.

Sign me up. Seriously.

too CUTE!

amy said...

I just love Sadie & her enthusiasm!