Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Things That Make Me Go Hmmm...

A few things I've been pondering...

...with the economy tanking, why is that Starbucks still has a long line at the drive-thru every day, and an even longer line inside? If you're really strapped for cash, wouldn't it be more logical to brew a few cups at home for a fraction of the cost? Oh wait...logic is not in high supply right now. Believe me, I work in higher education and I witness on a regular basis. Scary.

...why can't you just pay for the channels you want on dish or with cable? There is soooo much junk on TV, and out of the 100 or 200 channels we get, we only watch a handful, and we could get the locals for free w/ an antenna. Plus, I bet close to a third of our channels are just radio stations. Why can't I just pick the 10 or so channels I want?

...why would anyone ever buy a vehicle that is driven by rats? And what marketing guru came up with that for the idea to persuade people to buy the Kia Soul? I know that Zhu Zhu pets are popular with the little kids right now, but I have never heard anyone old enough to actually drive a Soul say anything along the lines of "Man, I wish I could roll like a guinea pig. That would be so totally phat!"

...why does every single Allsups have that same strange smell? I have heard that it is because of the old grease and the heavy scent of smoke that is required to coat every worker, but that pretty much describes ALL convenience stores, and Allsups is the only one that has that distinctive odor. What is it?

1 comment:

amy said...

I HATE the Soul commercials!!! I've thought the same thing before-they seem to be appealing to 8 year olds WHO CAN'T buy cars last time I checked!!! And, sooooo totally right on the Allsups comment-our hometown one smelled just like all the rest, it is very, very odd. Love it!