Last night was the St. Mary's All-Star Talent Show. There were 29 acts, ranging from dancing to singing to hula-hooping to a puppet show, to piano playing to guitar playing. Yesterday, getting ready for the show, I contemplated skipping the first part of the show to go to my crochet class instead, and just show up for Aaron's act (he was scheduled to be act #23). I am glad that I changed my mind and decided to watch the entire show. I was very impressed!
Here are some photos from the night:
Aaron waiting for his turn. All the students performing in the show sat together at the back of the gym. On the way to the show, Aaron said he had butterflies in his stomach, but once we got to the gym, he acted cool...
Sadie and 3 of her friends from her class. Sadie didn't perform because she told me she was "too shy." After watching the show, I think she realized that she could have done it. Just wait til next year. She'll blow your socks off!
Here is our friend, Macy playing her piano piece. She only started taking lessons at the beginning of this school year, and we were amazed at the progress she's made. She played "My Heart Will Go On" from Titanic. Great job, Macy!
Here is Aaron and his guitar. This picture was actually taken after the show because during the show, I used the camera to video his act. And to my surprise, Aaron gave me permission to put the video on you tube and share it on my blog and facebook. Too bad I gave up facebook for lent. I'll have to wait to post it to there...but, I'll add the link at the end of this blog post.
This picture was also taken after the show. Sadie decided that she wanted to sing, so she hopped up on stage, grabbed the mic, and sang away. Like I said, next year...
And here's the link with the video for Aaron's act. He played "Meant to Live" by Switchfoot, a Christian Rock Band. Check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6GJjZKjvDs
1 comment:
Aaron rocked it!
Post a Comment