Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Regrets

This evening, Sadie was showing me all her mosquito bites. Odd to think that last year, we didn't have to worry about mosquitoes because we had no rain. But that is not what this post is about. So, on with the story...

After showing off her bites, she looked at me and said "hey mom, could there ever be a mosquito bite this big?" and she made a circle by putting her thumbs and index fingers together.  To this, I told her that I had seen a mosquito bite that big before, and she asked me who it was. When I told her it was her, she didn't believe me. Luckily, I have photographic proof. I tried to check our pictures on the computer, but the older pictures aren't on our new computer, so instead I came to this blog, thinking I may have posted it here.

I was wrong. I couldn't find it, and I think that is because it happened before I started blogging. But, I ended up reading several of the posts from my 1st year of blogging. What a treasure! There were so many things I had forgotten about, especially the funny things the kids said. One story involved Sadie wanting to be able to lick her best friend, and another involve Aaron wearing 2 pairs of underwear. I re-read about Christmas that year, the days leading up to my Grandma's death, and Aaron starting guitar lessons, and Sadie as she first began to love ballet.

None of my blog posts are very profound, or insightful, or even funny to other people, I'm sure. But it was so neat to go back and read through those posts and be reminded of how blessed I am, and how great it is having kids and looking at the world through their eyes.

And now, I am having some regrets. It seems that ever since joining Facebook, I blog so much less. Instead of taking the time to write a blog post that explains a conversation with my kids, or a busy day, or exciting news, I quickly (and briefly) put it as a status update. And now, those moments are on Facebook, and who knows how long that info will be there. I wish I had kept blogging, and I am hoping that I will have a renewed resolve to blog more frequently.

Now, I am going to go read through more old posts :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

where's the like button. i too have that regret. i keep telling myself when school starts i'm going to get in the routine of blogging again.