Apparently I am a kid magnet. And by that, I don't mean that all kids out there are just naturally attracted to me or drawn to me. In fact, most kids don't seek me out. However, my own kids are like little suction cups to me sometimes. And I love it!
Here's an example. Two nights ago, the kids were in the living room watching some show on Disney Channel, so I came into my bedroom and was watching the Olympics. Before too long, Aaron came into my room, crawled into my bed with me, and snuggled up next to me and watched TV with me. Less than 10 minutes later, Sadie did the same thing, but snuggled up on the other side. So, I was like a mom sandwich. I love it, but being a mom sandwich can also get pretty hot and, well, sandwiched. So, I told them to scoot over and I was actually able to move a little. But not for long. Because over the next few minutes, they were suctioned back up against me again.
Another example...we went to the mall yesterday morning and as we were walking from store to store, I became a mom sandwich again. Both kids would walk so close to me that I was afraid I would trip over them. So, I would remind them to scoot over, and they would. For about 20 yards, and then they would start suctioning back in again. Lots of fun and giggling, and I enjoyed every bit of it. And I know that I don't have long before I will be the exact opposite. Instead of attracting my kids, I will begin repelling them. They will be too cool for me, and want their space. Instead of wanting to "suction cup" to me (as Sadie calls it), they will begin to push away and want their freedom and independence. And that is yet another reason I need to blog more often. So that when that does happen, I can come back to this blog & remember my little suction cups :)
Do Deer Eat Clover Lawns
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment