Monday, February 4, 2013

Conversation with Aaron

A few days ago, Aaron and I were in the car and we had the following conversation:

A: "You know mom, now I like to sleep in on the weekends."

Me: "Oh really?" (Keep in mind that this boy has not "slept in" past about 8:15 in his entire life).

A: "Yeah. Does that mean I'm getting closer to being a teenager?"

Poor guy. Can't wait to grow up. He has asked when he will get to start shaving, too. I keep telling him that shaving and being a teenager isn't all it's cracked up to be. But he doesn't believe me. And I can't really blame him. I was the same way. I couldn't wait to be "more mature" and get to shave. Now, shaving is one of my least favorite activities.

I know he will be shaving and really sleeping in all too soon. For now, I want to savor these last few years (or maybe even just months, though I hope not) of him still being just a kid...

No comments: