Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Soaking

So I was washing Sadie's hair tonight. It has to be washed at least every other night, followed with REAL conditioner, because the curliness coupled with being ultra fine leads to horrific tangled madness. So, I washed her hair, then put in the conditioner. She knows the routine, but after I applied the conditioner, I reminded her not to get her hair wet because the conditioner needed to "soak." I have never used that word before, and Sadie looked at me, and informed me that "soak" means when you're sad and pouting. I was confused for a moment, and then realized what she meant. I explained that she was thinking of "sulk" and asked her how she knew what it meant. She then informed me that she just knew it. Finally, she admitted that "a long time ago," the librarian at school had read a book to the class, and she taught them about it. Sadie said it was a book about the heart. I wonder exactly when "a long time ago" was. I think I'll ask her teacher...

No comments: