There are several little tidbits that have been happening around here lately that I have thought about blogging about, but just didn't think they were "big" enough to write a whole blog about (or, I just didn't have time). So, here are some tidbits...
Sadie LOVES to dance. Particularly, she loves ballet. So I took her to see the Little Mermaid ballet when it was here in town. She loved it! She even liked the "sample" of another ballet that the groups does called "Stars and Fairies" that was a *real* ballet, and didn't follow a storyline that she was familiar with. For the Little Mermaid part, her favorite was "the whole thing" but she did get pretty scared when Ursula came out. She clung to me, and requested that I hold her tighter. The irony is that after the show, when I asked her which part she would want to be, her choice was Ursula because "she got to put smoke on the Little Mermaid's hand." She also got her picture made with the Little Mermaid, and I kept meaning to take the picture up to work so I could scan it in (ours is not functioning now) to upload to the blog, but keep forgetting.
Aaron is busy in school. He really wants to participate in the Jump Rope for Heart, but apparently they are supposed to do it at home (the jumping), and I threw away his jump rope several months ago. I need to head to Walmart to get him a new one, and let him start asking for donations...
He is also gearing up for soccer season. I can't remember exactly when it starts, but I know it will be soon. He really enjoys getting to play soccer...probably at least in part because he gets to be around his buddies!
Toby is currently suffering from Miserable Allergy Syndrome. He has tried treating himself with over-the-counter allergies meds, but to no avail. He was going to go to Urgent Care today, but couldn't find his insurance card, and didn't want to make the trip to my work to get one out of my purse. He must not be too miserable if that stopped him from seeking help. Or, maybe he was afraid of getting a shot :)
As for me...I am busy at work. I swear, we have a committee for everything. And every committee has at least 2 task forces. And before you can make any changes to anything, you have to get your proposal up the chain of committees. I'm still waiting to get approval to change my clock ahead the hour from last fall when Daylight Saving Time ended. Maybe by Fall '09, I'll get that approval :P
That's about it for now. Oh, and just so you know, I plan on winning the big jackpot tonight. Then I won't have to worry about getting that approval for clock change at work...I guess I should go buy some tickets! Wish me luck!!!
Do Deer Eat Clover Lawns
2 years ago
1 comment:
Jaycee and I went to the Little Mermaid ballet too! When the little swamp guys were getting Ariel in the cave Jaycee said, " I do not get what they are doing!"
Post a Comment