Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Zit Popper

Today I bought a zit popper at Walmart. Zit popper isn't the actual, technical name of the little apparatus, but that's what it does...pop zits, so that's what I'll call it. I never knew that such things existed until I took Sadie to the dermatologist with a red bump on her cheek. I had no idea what it was...it had been there for months. I was surprised to find out it was a "clogged pore" (the dermatologist got mad when I said, "So it's a zit?") Anyways, he whipped out a zit-popping tool and very quickly and easily popped the sucker.

I was surprised to find out that these tools can be purchased by the general public...figured it was a special tool that required special training, but when I googled it so that I could show Toby what it looked like, I found out you can buy them at drugstores and even Walmart.

So, since I have a huge honkin' zit on my chin, I decided to pick one up today while I was at Walmart. I just tried it out, and either I don't have the right technique down, or my zit was just too massive. I did get some stuff out, but I'm not sure if it was the "core" or not. Maybe because I had already picked some at this zit, it wasn't as big of a core as I had expected. Who knows. I guess if all else fails and I never master the technique required for the zit popper, I always have Toby to pop my zits...He seems to get quite a bit of pleasure from doing it.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Show me a picture of this zit popper...who knows it may come in handy around here!!!