Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Updates

It's been awhile since I have posted anything, and that's because my life is a total whirlwind right now. It seems that I have no time to spend with my kids, but instead only have time to yell at my kids, and believe me, they will testify to that.

This morning started off horrible, with Toby getting in around 5:30 and calling me to make sure that the alarm wouldn't go off when he opened the door. Thanks. I should have just gotten up and started getting around then because I never did fall back to sleep. Instead, I fought as hard as I could to stay in bed for as long as I possibly could, and ended up running behind in getting all of us ready to leave this morning. Came down to the last minute, and couldn't find 2 of Aaron's 3 library books. Why on earth do they let a 2nd grader check out 3 books? So I ran through the house, yelling at Aaron to get his shoes and belt on and to find his library book, and to get his backpack, and to get loaded in the car. All this family fun woke Toby up, who joined in the yelling. Yes, the extra yelling was really helpful, because the missing books magically appeared and hovered directly above my head. No wait...that was steam bellowing out of my ears. You see, it is perfectly fine for me to yell at my kids, but somehow, Toby is not allowed. Doesn't he know that rule??? Needless to say, we headed off to school with only 1 library book. But guess what? Aaron found the other 2 in his desk at school Go figure. That desk should probably be declared a national disaster, so I am surprised he found them at all.

Aaron is pretty busy this year. He is taking guitar lessons, playing flag football, and has joined Boy Scouts. And yes, he is selling popcorn if anyone is interested. So, we have lessons on Monday afternoons, Cub Scouts on Tuesday afternoons, football practice on Thursday afternoons, and games on Saturdays and Sundays.

Sadie is being treated unfairly. You see, I didn't sign her up for any extra curricular activities this semester...no dance, no gymnastics, no nothing. For the sake of my sanity, I think that was probably a good choice, but I will probably have to sign her up for something next semester...

As for me, I am swamped at work with grading and clinicals and TONS of meetings. Today's meeting lasted 3 hours. Seriously...that is criminal. People need to keep their extraneous comments to themselves. Stick to the facts! If only teacher was just teaching and not all the other BS that goes along with it!

As for Toby, he is the exact opposite of me. If I have any down time, I am going to utilize it to it's fullest potential and either watch TV, spend time on the computer, or nap. But not Toby. He just finished building a hutch, and is just about done building a bookcase for our hallway. The hutch? He built it without having somewhere to put it...He was just bored and wanted something to do. We still aren't sure where it's going to go.

So that's about it for us!

2 comments:

Marie said...

Jaden gets her fair share of yelling in the morning too, so don't feel bad...she likes to go back and lay in bed after breakfast and not finish getting ready until I've told her 5-10 times to do so!!!

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I'm thinking I have a deck Toby can come work on if he's bored and can't figure out what to do with himself....

Your comment about Aaron's desk made me laugh. Does he come home with "Needs to keep his desk clean" checked on his report card? That was Adam's plight. Of course, after one report card day he and Jamie were comparing, and Jamie told him "I see you still haven't learned to keep your desk clean", and he replied to her "I see you still haven't learned to keep your mouth shut". Yep, you can guess what was checked on her report card every six weeks...