Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sadie's 1st

So Sadie came up to me today and told me she wanted to write a note to a boy in her class and asked me how to spell his name. I asked her why she wanted to write him a note, and she said "because he's my friend." Fine...I told her how to spell his name. While she begins writing her note, I continue reading the news headlines on my homepage.

Next, I look over at Sadie's note, and she informs me that she drew a heart, and then a U, and tells me she is writing this because the boy loves her. Great...it's already starting. So I ask her how she knows this boy "loves" her, and am expecting to hear that he professed his love during recess or lunch, or that they had decided to get married. Instead, she says, "I know he loves me because he kissed me."

Ugh...

After further investigation, it turns out that this boy kissed her twice at school today, in the classroom, this was the 1st time this had happened, neither the teacher nor the aid saw anything, one kiss was on the cheek, and the other was on the shoulder...

I told Sadie that she would have to tell this boy that he can't kiss her anymore, and that Sadie can't kiss any boys (other than Daddy and Aaron) until she is 21. She thought for a minute and then declares that it really should be a number "bigger than 25...how about 26." I tell her that I am good with that, and she then asks me,"How do you spell 'never kiss me again'?"

Just to make sure that this boy gets the message, and to start the proper "Big Brother" training, I inform Aaron about the situation and tell him that he needs to have a word with this boy and make it clear that he is to lay off the romance with his little sister. I'm not real sure if Aaron will go through with his responsibility of protecting Sadie's honor and dignity, though, because he pretty much just thought the whole thing was funny...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a hoot!