It is amazing how the brains of kids work. I will never tire of watching those "light bulb" moments...the way that at first, you see the understanding in their eyes, and then you see that pride radiate across their face as something finally clicks, especially if it is something that they have been struggling with.
Today, I had the pleasure of watching Sadie as her light bulb went off...with reading. We have tried several different times to begin reading. She has known the sounds the letters make since she was 3, but never could figure out how to *bam* those sounds together to form words when reading. She would very accurately report the sound of each letter in a word, but couldn't grasp how to take those individual sounds and turn them into words.
So after struggling a little at first, she kept trying and the last few pages, she did a great job! So wonderful (and amazing) to see this finally click!!!
I am so proud of her! She is so proud of herself! Sadie, my newest little reader!!!
Do Deer Eat Clover Lawns
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment