The weather here in the Texas Panhandle never ceases to amaze me...or should that be irritate me? Take today, for example. I heard on the weather last night to expect it to be colder today, with a high in the 40's, and a chance of snow tonight or tomorrow morning. So when I ventured out of the house today around noon, I pulled on my heavy winter coat to protect me from the bleak February environment I expected.
Instead, I walked out and quickly realized that instead of my coat, I needed my sunglasses. It was actually very nice outside, which made my day much better! When I left the house again around 3:30 to take the dog to her grooming appointment, I left my coat at home. Dropped the dog off, and then went to Walmart for my weekly descent into hell. After enduring the torture of buying our groceries for the week, and then surviving the check-out lanes, I left Wally World. As I walked to my car (actually, Toby's pick-up...Toby took the kids to the WT pool in my van), I very quickly noticed that the cold they had been predicting in last night's weather forecast was in the process of arriving. Now, it was cloudy and the wind was picking up. It now looked like a typical bleak, dreary February day.
I guess really the weather here is a lot like life. Even though the meteorologists attempt to give you some idea of what to expect, we never really know what will happen until we are in the moment. And life can sure change just as quickly (or more so) than the weather. Who knows what tomorrow will hold for us!
Here's hoping your forecast for tomorrow will be bright and sunny, even if the weather forecast is calling for snow and fog :)
Do Deer Eat Clover Lawns
2 years ago
1 comment:
I need to send you CS Lewis's comments about time and learning to live in the present -- quite eye opening!
Post a Comment