I love it when I go check on my kids before I go to bed tonight. It is especially entertaining when the hallway light sort of wakes Aaron up. You see, when he is in that semi-sleep/semi-awake state, he tends to talk in his sleep. Last night, that happened.
As soon as I turned the light on, I saw Aaron moving around in his bed. First he lifted his head, then moved his feet around a little. Next, he sat all the way up, started feeling around the foot of his bed, and said, "Where is she?"
Now, when situations like this occur, I take full advantage of it and instead of just laying him back down and kissing him goodnight and telling him to go back to sleep, I encourage the conversation by playing into it. Here's how it went down last night:
A: Where is she?
M: Where is who?
A: Sadie. She said...{garbled/mumbled stuff I couldn't understand}.
M: She said what?
A: {repeated the garbled/mumbled stuff}...and then I came back but she isn't here.
M: Well maybe she got tired of waiting for you.
He then laid back down and went to sleep. I thought it was just so sweet that he's dreaming about his sister :)
Do Deer Eat Clover Lawns
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment