In regards to last night's post...
Those thoughts occurred to me Thursday night as I was watching Gray's Anatomy and ER. I watched as a husband became frustrated with the way his wife communicated with him...how the words had lost their meaning because she used them without putting any thought or feeling into them. Then, I watched as a character yelled at her friend because she was upset, and she said so awful, horrible, scarring words. Later in the episode, the character apologized and said that she didn't mean what she said. But it made me think. Once those words are uttered, you can never really, completely take them back. The damage has already been done.
So no, I wasn't mad at Toby (or anybody else) about anything he did or didn't say. I wasn't upset at myself for a recent verbal explosion. They were just some thoughts I had been mulling over for the past few days, and I figured this would be a good place to put those thoughts...And maybe by writing those words, it will help me to always remember the effect that words can have.
Do Deer Eat Clover Lawns
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment