Monday, December 29, 2008

Leaky Faucet

There is nothing more annoying than the constant *drip* *drip* *drip* of a leaky faucet. And that is the annoyance that I am currently dealing with. It started late yesterday afternoon, when I began to notice the tell-tale signs of leakiness beginning. By yesterday evening, the leaking officially began. Which faucet is it, you are wondering, right? Well, it's not the bathtub, or any of the sinks. It isn't even one of the outside faucets. It's the one that sits square in the center of my face. That's right. We're talking about my nose. Oddly, it is only the left nostril which is leaky. And the contradiction that generally accompanies a leaky nose is present as well. My sinuses on the left side are plugged, and even though there is a incessant drip from my nose, I cannot blow anything out. I am also plagued by thermostat problems (aka: alternating chills and hot flashes), and overall house settling (aka: achiness). I am hoping and praying that my kids and spouse do not end up with the same problems. It's bad enough having to deal with my own house falling apart. I don't want to have to hear the whining and the "hold me's" that will go along with any home owner issues plaguing my family.

So, here's to a house that feels ready to crumble, and lots and lots of prayers that I don't have to see a plumber to fix the leak, and that my family stays healthy :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that cracked me up. keep your cooties (i mean your home owner issues) to yourself.

That Janie Girl said...

It might be best to quarantine that home of yours until it self-heals.