Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to everybody. I hope that everybody has a better '09 than '08. With bringing in another year, I have spent some time reflecting, and these are some of the things I have figured out...

I am a very analytical, practical, rational, logical person. Somewhat of a Vulcan, I suppose, although I do actually have emotions, too. I used to get upset when someone would call me analytical, but now I have just accepted that it is indeed who I am, and it isn't all bad. Live long and prosper.

I am not a warm and fuzzy kind of person, and I come by it naturally. It's in my genes, apparently. It took a comment by my aunt to make me realize that my lack of fuzziness is just like my dad and uncles. It is also just like my Grandma. I am working on improving this side of me, and am getting better at giving and receiving hugs.

My Grandma is in the hospital, and will most likely be moved to Hospice today. She is 90 years old. I realized yesterday on my way to the hospital to visit her that when she dies, I will no longer have any living grandparents. That is strange to think about.

I am not always right, and my way is not always the only way. Toby likes to point this out often.

I miss math. I think this was listed on another post a few months ago when I was *tagged* but it is worthy of mentioning again.

I'm not good at resolutions. But I will try...again. I'm trying to lose some weight, so we'll see what happens...


So, now we begin a new year. Who knows what this year will hold in store for us. Do you have resolutions? Are you good at them? Any advice?

No comments: