Today is Monday. Mondays are going to be our busy days this semester. Aaron has guitar lessons (today was lesson #4...he is progressing well and continues to enjoy it, and continues to practice daily...good job, Aaron!). Sadie has gymnastics. Today is her 1st class for this semester. There is one hour between when Aaron gets out of his lessons and Sadie's class starts, so we went to Barnes and Noble for Aaron to get his reading in for the day (gotta squeeze it in however we can). Since Sadie's gymnastics are on the same campus as my office, Aaron and I are currently in my office so that he can practice his guitar and I can get some work done. This is how I plan on every Monday going.
So, I had big plans for what I wanted to get done for this (almost) hour while Sadie is in gymnastics. But this darn technology. The first thing I was going to do was set up my roster on our testing and scoring software. However, all the info is still listed under the previous instructor, and I am unsure of who's name to put this semester under. I'll have to ask our technology guru tomorrow.
So, I figured I could enter some data about which students had completed a certain assignment. It is just a completion-type thing...no real grade, but I need to check off students as they get it turned in. I worked on it today before I left to pick up the kids. And it worked just fine. It is a Word document (a Word '03 document, not a Word '07 one). IT is saved to my flash drive. So, when I tried to pull it up to update things, it pulls up a message that asks which decoding to use, and it is all garble-dee-goop. What the heck could have happened in the few hours I was gone? Did some evil techno-gnomes sneak into my office, grab my flash drive (or is the problem w/ my computer?) and corrupt my file?
Me being techno-naive, I did not bother backing up this document. Luckily, I did print it off this morning, and can reconstruct it. But that will be a pain in my arse. Perhaps our technology guru can undo whatever those sadistic gnomes did to my flash drive.
Until then, I suppose I will be in limbo w/ work. I guess I could file some stuff, and clean off my desk. But blogging did (and will most likely always) take priority over cleaning...
Do Deer Eat Clover Lawns
2 years ago
2 comments:
I hate it when the goblins get my stuff. Makes. Me. Crazy.
Good post and I agree with everything.
Post a Comment