So far, 2009 has been pretty crappy. On the first day of the New Year, my Grandma was taken to the ER via ambulance, and then later admitted to ICU where the family was told that they did expect any treatment to make her better. We were told that if their IV Lasix therapy did not improve my Grandma's condition in 24 hours, that we should consider hospice.
On the 2nd day of '09, my Grandma was moved to hospice. She's still there, and little by little, she is fading. Why isn't there a timer, or a count down? After 90 years of life, you'd expect there to be a count down or something...
On the 3rd day of '09, we celebrated Aaron's b-day and our anniversary. We spent time with family. That night, my 14 year old nephew went to the ER with abdominal pain.
On the 4th day of '09, my nephew had his appendix out. Everything went well. We spent more time with family, gathered around the Matriarch of our family, keeping vigil as we watch her fade, little by little. That night, after we put the kids to bed, I checked the blogs that I follow, only to find out that fellow blogger and friend Travis Erwin's house had burned down. They lost everything. Travis was Aaron's flag football coach this fall, and his wife, Jennifer, was Sadie's Montessori teacher last year. Travis and Jennifer, I am so sorry for this devastating loss. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do...
So today is the 5th day of '09. So far, there haven't been any major events (except for returning to school for the kids, and Aaron's first guitar lesson). I keep waiting for something bad to happen. We've made it until now, but the day isn't over yet.
I hope that the first 4 days of the year are not an indication of what '09 has in store for us...and I hope that everyone else out there is having a better start to their New Year.
Do Deer Eat Clover Lawns
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment