Today was my first day back at work. I really didn't want to go back, and wish I had a few more weeks at home. I didn't get all the stuff done over the break that I had planned to, but I did get to spend lots of time with family.
Today at the office, things were pretty casual. Students don't come back until next Tuesday (we're off for MLK day). Then, things will be full swing, balls-to-the-wall, can't wait until May crazy. It's only 4 months, and I know a lot of you are thinking "I wish I only had to work 4 months and then get off for 3." But let me tell you...this is the most stressful job I've had. If I only had to get up and teach in the classroom, things would be pretty cool. But the clinicals and all the grading that goes along with those clinicals and all the stress of figuring out how to get my kids to school on clinical days...that's the part that makes the job stressful. Not to mention the 40-some-odd thousand different committees and sub-committees and task forces.
Oh well. I will survive. Mainly because there is Spring Break in the middle to let me come up for a gasp of sanity before being pulled back down. So if you don't hear from me in the next few months, it's not because I'm mad at you. It's just because I barely have time to breathe.
See you in the summer (hopefully sooner, but I'm not guaranteeing anything).
Do Deer Eat Clover Lawns
2 years ago
2 comments:
We could start the stress club.
Since you live in the Panhandle, did you hear about Travis Erwin? His link is on my blog. They had a horrible house fire, lost everything but their lives.
Thank God they're alive and well.
Yes, I knew about Travis. He was my son's flag football coach this past fall, his wife was my daughter's Montessori teacher last year, and I follow his blog. It was terrible, and I am so grateful that they are safe. Thank you, though, for making sure I knew abou it.
Post a Comment