Are there certain things that you are particular about that in the reality of the grand scheme of things, really doesn't matter? You know, that small stuff that you shouldn't sweat, but you still do because your a bit anal about it?
Well, I am not really an anal person...about most things. However, last night as I was working on the laundry, I realized that there are indeed a few things that I am very particular about. Below are a few of my "Laundry Particulars."
1. Hangers. You know there are hangers out there that have the notch on the top. I think they do have a purpose for things that tend to slip off of hangers, such as camis and tank-tops and wide-necked shirts. However, for regular shirts, I hate this notch. Shirts tend to get stuck in a notch when I try to pull them off the hangers. Therefore, for any shirts I hang up, I have to find a hanger that is straight across on the top...notch-free. I don't have a lot of tops that need the notch, so notched hangers are pretty useless here. So my notched hangers typically have pants hanging on them. Walmart only has the notched hangers in the cheap-version I go for, but I did find some notchless hangers at Target recently. YAY!
2. The way things hang. I don't know why this is something I am particular about, but in my world, all shirts should hang facing the same way. And regardless of how hard he tries, Toby always manages to hang them up the wrong way. We've been married now for over 11 years. You'd think he would have figured out which way things hang here. I do not have a preference for which way pants hang. I wonder why?
3. Folding. I fold the kids' shirts differently than I fold Toby's. Toby wants his shirts folded much the same way as you find shirts folded in stores...2 vertical folds just to the inside of each sleeve, and then fold it in half horizontally at the middle. Toby folds this kids' shirts this way, too, and it drives me crazy. That method of folding didn't work well when they were little, and it still doesn't work well for shirts like sweaters or sweatshirts.
So I guess I am anal about a few things...a few small things that try as I might, still cause me to sweat when Toby does it wrong. I guess that's why he so rarely helps with the laundry...
Do Deer Eat Clover Lawns
2 years ago
3 comments:
lee wants all the laudry done on one day. like you need all clothes clean at the same time. i am one of those who throws in a load before i go to work. i can get through most of the laundry in one week without using the weekends. i even grab the things that were worn the day before if they go in the load i am doing. why this bothers lee i will never know. but i wish he wouldn't help because it throws off my load size.
I do laundry once a week, usually on the weekend. Sometimes I will have to do a load during the week, or Toby may decide to do a load of his work clothes during the week, but otherwise, it's usually all on one day...
Maybe i'm just weird but notchless hangars somehow sounds vulgar to my ears. I can picture a dude in a trench coat saying, "Hey baby, I got yer notchless hanger right here."
Yeah, I know I'm weird and my mind works in waroed ways.
Post a Comment