Last week, Toby won tickets to a WT basketball game from KGNC-AM. The game was last night, so I took the kids. It was their first experience watching a basketball game (not counting Caden's game that Aaron and I watched last weekend). It was so much fun watching the kids enjoy the game...or enjoy the other entertainment that was going on during the game.
Aaron really liked the band. It was WT's "basketball band" and was made up mostly of brass instruments, plus some saxophones and of course, a drum set. Aaron told me after the game that the drums were his favorite instrument in the band, since there wasn't a guitar. At one point, he tapped me on the shoulder and asked "Mom, how does that drummer drum so fast?" Aaron also enjoyed watching the boys warm up during half-time of the girls' game, because the guys were dunking. He informed me that he plans on being able to "dunk backwards" when he gets bigger. I hope he gets Toby's height...
Sadie liked the cheerleaders. Go figure. She also liked to dance to the music the band was playing. But her favorite part of the game was the buffalo mascot. He was wearing overalls (just like Pawpaw's). The entire game, she would look for that buffalo (or "buff-a-o" as she said it). She got to give him a high-five during the game when he came into the stands by us, and she laughed as he walked away because he had a hole in his overalls for his tail to come out.
On the way home, Sadie said, "I wish we had a buff-a-o in the family."
We only stayed for the first half of the girls' game, but both kids wanted to stay longer. I was glad that they enjoyed it, even though they were more interested in everything BUT the game. I think Aaron might have really liked the men's game. Maybe sometime, we'll load up and go to a weekend game, so that we can stay for the entire game...
Do Deer Eat Clover Lawns
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment