The "little by little" that I have been writing about has changed. She is no longer gradually fading, but is now quickly advancing through the stages of dying. The nurse says she's now in Stage IV and told my sister that her life can now be measured in hours, maybe a day. Over the past few days, my mind has frequently drifted off to those precious memories of times spent with her and on the farm. They are good memories, and even though I thought that her desire to meet Jesus would make this a less painful loss, my heart aches.
Here is a picture of her from her 90th birthday party. That was a good day...one of those precious memories that I will cherish forever...
1 comment:
Awwwww. She's beautiful.
What a heritage you'll have from her - all the memories.
My grandmother (the only one I knew) died when I was 13, but Lordy, I have great memories.
I'll be praying for y'all.
Post a Comment