Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Following in my Footsteps

I know that kids are suppose to follow in their parents' footsteps. Sometimes, it is neat for them to want to be like me. For example, Sadie always tells me that when she grows up, she wants to be a "mommy teacher." It's also neat to see some of my better qualities in them. However, Aaron is following my lead in a way that I wish he wouldn't...

He had his annual eye exam today. He has worn glasses since last year. We weren't surprised...Toby and I both began wearing glasses very young (1st grade for me). So today's check-up shouldn't have been surprising. He needs stronger glasses. Just like me...Seems like every time I went for an eye exam, my eyes were weaker and I needed thicker lenses. I got to where I hated going to the eye doctor because I always felt like such a failure...always got the answer wrong. I so wanted my kids to not have to endure the torture of being severely myopic. It breaks my heart. Maybe there's still hope for Sadie...

1 comment:

Travis Erwin said...

I have the same trouble. Started wearing glasses in third grade and these days I can't even read the big E without them.