Monday, April 13, 2009

GOAL!

Today, Aaron had his 3rd soccer game of the season. It's indoor soccer, in a barn with florescent lighting and plexiglass around most of the field, so it is really tough to get a decent picture. Add to that the fact that these kids run all over the place, so even when I should be able to get a decent shot, my camera is too slow (thanks to having to use the flash) and I get nothing but backs &/or blurs. Anyways, Aaron scored his first goal of this season today. He missed the first shot, but stayed after it when it bounced back from the wall, and kicked it in. He wasn't even sure if it was him or his teammate who actually scored, so he had to ask his coach to be sure. Here are two of the few decent (not good) shots I got today.
This is Aaron hustling after the ball.


And here he is right after he scored the goal. I missed getting that shot because he was too far away from my, and I knew I wouldn't be able to get a good shot since my flash isn't powerful enough.

Other stats from the season so far...we're 2-1. We lost the season opener by a few goals, but during that game, Aaron played goalie quite a bit and didn't let any balls past him. He was the only one on his team that kept them from scoring.

2 comments:

Travis Erwin said...

Zalen had his first goal in our third game as well. We are 2-0-1.

Marie said...

Tell Aaron great job!!! We will try indoor for the first time this summer.