Last night, both of my kids invited a friend over to spend the night. Part of me just wanted a break because I had been so busy the past 3 days (LVN pinning ceremony Wednesday night, RN pinning ceremony on Thursday night, Commencement on Friday night, and an Uppercase Living party at my house Saturday morning). But, a friend had asked if we could watch her daughter so that her husband could do a triathlon in Lubbock, and since Sadie was getting a friend over, Aaron had to as well.
So, I had a 3 year old, a 4 year old, and two 7 year olds here yesterday and today. I survived...I can't say so much for the house. The boys mostly played in the Wii or the computer, so there wasn't much to clean up after them.
The girls on the other hand...Sadie's closet somehow has exploded into her bedroom. They opened fingernail polish, which spilled on the carpet (luckily in the closet...does anyone know how to get it out? Will fingernail polish remover work, or just make a bigger mess?), sprayed EVERYTHING in her room with body spray, got out every marker in the house, painted her easel with lip gloss, tried on all of Sadie's clothes, ran around naked for awhile (guess they couldn't find anything they liked)...
And those are just the messed I have found so far. Who knows what surprises wait for me as I make my way through cleaning up after the storm.
But, there were tons of giggles and lots of laughter. And all 4 kids fell asleep pretty quickly once I put them to bed. But now...I want a nap. Instead, I'm off to clean some more, and do laundry...
Do Deer Eat Clover Lawns
2 years ago
1 comment:
It's my turn next week. Both boys are bringing home a friends after field day.
Post a Comment