We went to mass last night because we figured Toby wouldn't be here this morning (and we were right...he got called out around 5:45 this morning). So, we get to mass, and pick seats on the 2nd row, right in the middle of the church. Right in front of where Father does his sermon.
So, today's Gospel reading and sermon were about Jesus as the Good Shepherd. Father began his sermon by saying "The Gospel today tells us that Jesus is the Good Shepherd, but what does that really mean?"
Without missing a beat, Sadie raised her hand way up high. (That's the way things work at the school masses...the priest asks questions, and the kids who think they know the answers raise their hands and hope to get called on.) And of course, because of where we were sitting, Father noticed, and laughed and said "Do you know the answer?" Sadie nodded with a huge grin, and he said, "She knows, but do all of you?" The entire congregation got a chuckle out of this. To be honest, I was just surprised that she was paying attention enough to realize he was asking a question.
Later, I asked Sadie if she really knew the answer. She said, "No, but I know the picture." (There's a picture of Jesus the Good Shepherd that hangs behind the alter.) When I asked her what picture, she told me the one where Jesus leads the sheep. When she said that, I was even more amazed at how well she had been paying attention.
Do Deer Eat Clover Lawns
2 years ago
1 comment:
Kids always seem to full of surprises.
Post a Comment