When I said rescued, you have to realize that life at the HS may have been easier for her than trying to survive life around my two kids. Actually, Aaron has been pretty great with the cat, but Sadie...she's kind of like that cartoon girl on the Loony Toon babies. I think her name was Elmira, and she LOVED animals and was always grabbing, them, squeezing/hugging them, and saying "I will love you and hold you and squeeze you." She's trying...she just doesn't completely understand what "gentle" means.
Here's a picture of Widget's new favorite place to hang out. She's sitting on the cook book from my home town church.
This next picture shows you exactly where she's sitting. She ended up sleeping very peacefully in this spot for quite a long time.
Now, those of you who know me know that I am not a cat person. But, when a co-worker of mine mentioned that she had gotten a couple of cats to keep the birds out of her trees in the backyard, I knew I had to get one. I am tired of having bird poo all over my patio furniture. So, Widget will be an outside cat, once she gets big enough. For now, she will spend most of her time in the sun room, or in the kitchen with it gated.
As for Mocha (our dog), she's not sure what to think. She was mostly just curious, but then Widget swatted Mocha's nose pretty good, and ever since, Mocha has kept her distance. We'll see how these two end up getting along...
1 comment:
Being the noncat lover that I am I may have just decided to chop down my backyard trees to get rid of the birds instead of the cat idea!!!
Post a Comment