Today, I am thankful for Toby. There are way too many reasons I am very blessed to have him in my life, and I could never list all of them. However, in short, he has all the same values and morals I do and we see pretty much eye-to-eye on how to raise the kids. But it is sometimes our differences that I love most about him. You see, believe it or not, I am very flawed and broken. I know...this is probably a shock to many of you. But not to Toby. He KNOWS me...even the parts of me that I want to keep hidden. And I know him, too. And all of those flaws of mine...well, it seems that most of those are areas where he is very gifted. For instance...I am not a morning person. My ideal day begins no earlier than 9:00 am (and really, it would be better if it didn't even start until after noon). I also like to just sit around, watching TV or playing on the computer. But he is a morning person and I can count on him (when he's here) to get the kids up and take them to school. Or, like this morning, Aaron had to be at a choir performance no later than 6:45. Luckily, Toby was home and was able to get Aaron up and ready and delivered to the venue not just on time, but actually early! And he can't just sit around. He has to be doing something, all the time. So I have many wonderful projects that he has built for us and our families...bookcases, TV stands, doll houses. What an amazing guy :)
He really is a blessing to me. God knows what He's doing. I need to trust in that more completely, and more often :)
Do Deer Eat Clover Lawns
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment