Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Days 7-13

Wow....a whole week behind. Yikes! It isn't that I am not thankful, and it isn't because I have forgotten about the 30 days of Thanksgiving. I blame it, instead, on how busy we were last week. Sadie was in a production of "Alice in Wonderland" and last week were all the dress rehearsals, and then all 8 performances Wednesday-Sunday.  So, now I get to play catch-up.

Day 7: I was really hoping that on this day, I would be able to say that I am thankful we have a new president. Oh well. Instead, I am thankful for friends who don't kick me when I'm down, even if they were happy with the election outcome and have different political views than I do.

Day 8: I am thankful that I am not working this semester so that I was able to spend the day with Sadie for her school performances.

Day 9: I am thankful to my parents, who have always supported me in everything I do. They have taught me so much and molded me into the person I am now. Thanks mom and dad!

Day 10: I am thankful for all my siblings. I could make this 30 days thing really easy by giving a separate do to each of them, and they probably each deserve their own days. But, I decided to thank all 8 of them at once. At times, things have been crazy, especially when we all get together for the holidays, now that most of us have kids! But I love each and everyone of them with all my heart and know that I can go to them with any problems I have and they will always be there for me.

Day 11: I am thankful to all our military men and women who serve and protect us, often with little pay and not nearly the recognition and honor they deserve.

Day 12: I could say that I am thankful that I am caught up (for today, anyways) on this 30 days thing, but I won't. Or, I guess I did, but I won't let that be my "official" entry to day 12. Instead, today, I am thankful for coffee. My day is always so much better when it starts with coffee :)

No comments: