Sunday, November 25, 2012

Way Behind, So Here's A Lot of Thankfulness :)

I missed A LOT of days. I got busy with my kids' activities, Thanksgiving prepping, and Black Friday prepping. So, here I will try to catch up...

Day 16: I am thankful for Aaron. He is growing up way too fast, and can sometimes be moody as he enters those tween years (I guess...I don't really know what exactly a tween is, but I know he isn't a TEEN yet...thank goodness). But more than anything else, he is a blessing. He has gifts and talents that I don't, and I love watching him use those gifts that God has blessed him with, especially his singing and guitar playing. I am also thankful for how much he loves Sadie. Even though he would never admit it, he does love her and he does watch out for her. And he still lets me hug him in public...as long as not too many people are around.

Day 17: I am thankful for Sadie. She is such a joyful little girl. She is always full of giggles and cuddles, and her smile can melt my heart. She, too, is growing up way too fast, especially because she has a big brother and thinks she can do anything and everything he can do. She loves with all her heart, and is very compassionate.

Day 18: I am thankful for the ACTS retreat and community. I cannot begin to express how much going on this retreat changed my relationship with our Lord. I see His work in my life in a much clearer way, and I feel so much closer to Him. I know that I have to continue to work on this relationship, but the ACTS retreat definitely gave me a huge jump start.

Day 19: Today I am thankful for Toby's family. He is who is he today because of them and because of the way he was raised. I know lots of other people help shape him as well, and to all of them, I am thankful.

Day 20: I am thankful for contacts. It is really a love-hate relationship between me and my contacts, but they truly have made my life so much better. I have horrible vision, and without contacts, I would not be able to really enjoy going to the pool or lake, and I would walk around with super thick glasses and look even nerdier than I am. So even though I sometimes want to peel my contacts out of my eyes, I am still thankful for them and that my eyes can still be corrected with lenses.

Day 21: I am thankful for all my teachers. I have always loved learning, and have been blessed to have had some terrific teachers to share their knowledge with me. Having taught middle school, high school and college, I know the sacrifices they have made, and I can never thank them enough.

Day 22: I am thankful for my grandparents. I am blessed to have had some wonderful examples of work ethic, faith, and how to treat people. And these are the people who raised my parents to be the great people they are, so they deserve a big thanks for that too. I miss each of them and wish they were all here to share Thanksgiving with us.

Day 23: I am thankful for my Black Friday team. We kicked booty! Mom, thanks for always coming up and shopping with me and standing in line while I go look for other deals. And for always going to the stores I want to first. And to Angie and Karen...thanks for being willing to split up the stores and get the stuff I am looking for at the stores you go to. And to the rookie this year, Toby. Thanks for sitting outside in line for 8 hours and getting the 2 things we wanted at Best Buy. Black Friday would not be nearly as fun without all of you :)

Day 24: Today I am thankful for naps. After an exhausting Black Friday, and having to get up early again this morning to get one last deal that was a Saturday deal, a nap was super great. Thanks to Toby for letting me sleep a little :)

Day 25: I am thankful for the Christmas season. I love Christmas music and usually start listening to it before Thanksgiving. But now, I can proudly listen to it for the next several weeks, and enjoy the beautiful Christmas decorations and lights. What a wonderful time of the year :)

No comments: