Woohoo! I am actually only posting one day today because I am actually not behind! And today, I am thankful for my kids' school. When we first sent Aaron there for Montessori when he was 3, the intent was not to send our kids to a private elementary school. It was just that the Montessori was just as cheap as daycare, plus he would be learning and not just sitting in daycare all day. After 2 years of Montessori, when he was ready to start kindergarten, there was no doubt that we would be sending our kids to the elementary there too :)
Their school is perfect for us. A Catholic education, plus the feel of a small-town school right in the middle of a big city...or at least big for me. It is wonderful that I know every kid in my kids' classes, and all the parents too. And I know all the teachers and most of the staff. And they all know me and my kids. My kids aren't just a number to anyone there. They are loved, and taught, and most importantly, grow in their love of Jesus. I think that the single most important job as a parent...far above any other job or responsibility...is to make sure your kids get to heaven. Everything else pales in comparison to that. Too often, I forget that in the long run, it doesn't matter if my kid gets straight A's (which they don't, by the way), or whether they practice the piano or guitar today, or even whether they brush their teeth three times today. None of these things matters when compared to their eternal life. And that's why I send them to the school they go to.
Oh, and they are actually leading me down that right path. Or closer to it. Definitely closer to God. I learn things from them about our faith, and they make me want to be a better person so that I can set a better example for them, so that they will always walk humbly with God.
And another great thing about our school...today was Sadie's 1st Reconciliation. And the 2nd grade teachers are amazing at preparing them for this wonderful and healing sacrament. Sadie was so cute when we got home and I handed her the list of sins she had written down (so she wouldn't forget any). As I handed her the paper, I said, "Are these your sins?" And she said, "No. Not anymore." Then as she walked inside, she said, "Woohoo! I'm CLEAN!!!" and then we shredded her sin list :) I'm so happy for her. Now just a little while longer and she will make her 1st Holy Communion!
Do Deer Eat Clover Lawns
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment