Today, I took Sadie to the dermatologist to get her cheek bump looked at. For those of you who haven't seen it, she has had it since early February. It started out looking like an insect bite or pimple. But she's 4. Four year olds don't get pimples. Later, it changed and looked almost black. Then, it turned back to red, then pink. All this over the course of 3 months. So, the dermatologist takes one quick look at it with some sort of magic-light-magnifying glass, and tells me it is a large clogged pore. I said "A zit?" Apparently, the z-word is offensive to dermatologists. His reply was "Well, that's not a very technical term, now is it?" Well la-de-da. Who gives a rat's you-know-what. Call it whatever you want. A zit by any other name is still a zit. He then got some special zit-popping tool and out shot a wad of gunk. He told me it was a cyst, and that is why it hadn't healed on its own.
As for Sadie, she played it up pretty good, acting like she was completely traumatized by the torturous event, until he mentioned a bandaid. Then, the whole world was right, and she was smiling and laughing. But even later in the day, when asked about her visit to the doctor, she puts on her saddest, poutiest face in an attempt to gain a little sympathy. Poor thing...
Fast forward to a bit later in the day, when Aaron was outside playing with some of the neighbor kids. We hear a knock at the door, and 2 screaming girls inform us that Aaron was hit in the nose with a bat and was bleeding. I meet him outside our front door, and sure enough, his nose is dripping blood from both nostrils, and his clothes are pretty well splattered in it. I have Toby go in to get a washrag, but decide that I can't wait that long, and instead pull off his shirt and use it to stop the bleeding. His shirt and nose were so bloody that when I pulled his shirt up over his head, it left his forehead and hair all bloody too. I have him kick off his sandals and bring him in for a quick shower. After the shower, his nose is still gushing blood, and I begin to think that a trip to the ER will be in our near future. I hand him a washrag, dry him off, and have him lay on the couch. Luckily, the bleeding stopped pretty quickly, and he was back outside playing again.
Do Deer Eat Clover Lawns
2 years ago
1 comment:
See, I told you Joe could have gotten rid of it for Sadie...your was was probably less traumatic though, just ask J about having Joe do it for you!!!
Post a Comment