Wednesday, November 26, 2008

All I Want for Christmas...

...is my two front teeth!


Aaron has lost his 2 front teeth just in time for the holiday season. How classic! He lost the one on the right on Sunday at Hartley. Then, the second one got pulled out yesterday evening. However, I had to get a picture of his snaggle-toothed grin prior to yanking out that 2nd front tooth. So, here is that picture. It reminds me of those fake "Bubba" teeth you can get...



Just a little scary looking, huh? This final picture is Toby's favorite. I think that he likes it because it is the stereotypical athlete. If only he had been wearing a hockey jersey and was holding his hockey stick... Oh well...basketball players can loose teeth too.



Aaron asked what the Toothfairy does with his teeth, and Toby encouraged him to write a letter to the Fairy and find out. Thanks a lot, Toby. Needless to say, the Toothfairy left a little poem (very little...it was in 4 point font). Here is the poem:



What happens to the teeth I take
At night while you’re asleep?
I’ll share with you the answer
If my secret you can keep.

Each sparkling pearly white, you see,
I hang high up in the night.
You see them shimmer in the sky…
Stars, you call them, shining bright.

Clean teeth make brilliant stars, my boy
While dirty teeth stars are dull.
So look for your teeth up in the sky
And make brushing your ultimate goal!

Love,
T.F.



When Aaron woke up this morning, he got Toby to get out the magnifying glass so that he could read it. Then, since the Toothfairy had instructed him to keep the secret, Aaron would not read me the poem, and he wouldn't let me read it myself. But, after some persuading him (pinkie-swearing) that I would keep the secret, he read me the poem. He was so excited!!!

Now I just hope and pray that the 2 replacement teeth are not too big. At least Aaron has a big head, so hopefully the big teeth will not look quite so out of proportion...

No comments: