Okay...I'll admit it. My name is Rebecca and I'm a Black Friday Addict. I have been addicted for about 4 or 5 years now, and each year, I sink deeper and deeper into my addiction. Last year, and this year, in September I began scouring the internet for leaked Black Friday ads. I recheck those ads numerous times a day, especially now that we are in go-month. I am very anxiously and excitedly awaiting the REALLY important ads, such as Best Buy, WalMart, Target, and ToysRUs. Currently, there are a few ads posted. Most are of no interest to me, or do not apply because we don't have the store here in Amarillo. Ads currently listed on the site I visit most frequently include Bath and Body Work, Walgreens, and Harbor Freight. I have no interest in those. However, Sears and Lowes are posted, and those are of some interest to me (but definitely of more interest to my better half).
So, we have 19 days until the Big Day. That means I have 19 days to plan out my strategy of attack. I am not one of those mean, viscous shoppers who will steal items out of your basket when you're not paying attention (I didn't even know such people existed until my co-worker told me she does that...now I know to keep a closer eye on my basket). However, I will plot and conspire w/ my family to ensure that I get everything I want that day. Last year's plan of attack worked out okay, but we learned a lot from the experience. Last year, my sister did all the WalMart shopping for everyone, and me and my mom lined up at Best Buy around 2am. We now know that 2am is not early enough for a lot of the items, and we also know what to bring w/ us. So, here is the plan so far for this year...
I will bring my son's small tent. I think my mom and I can both squeeze in it. I am also on the lookout for a propane-powered space heater. We will probably line up sometime on Turkey-day evening with the tent, and will most likely alternate time...one of us in line in the tent while the other one warms up in the parked car. We will still most likely split the shopping, with one sister heading out to WalMart. We may need to enlist other brave souls to shoulder some of the burden, because we may need foot soldiers in line at ToysRUs and/or Target. So, we're looking for a few good men or women who are interested in having a great adventure. Any volunteers?
Do Deer Eat Clover Lawns
2 years ago
4 comments:
I don't want to be left out of the loop on the critical shopping planning this year. I had no idea who was where last year! Imagine my suprise to find out there was such a complicated plan in place with family members camped out at various stores with lists of much desired items! :)
i could possibly be in. i depends on what i need to get for christmas. since we ran into each other last year. and you don't have to get to target all that early. we were there last year about 30 minutes early and barely wrapped around the corner. but who knows this year.
thanks for the comments on my blog the other day.
tara
And just when I thought you were a nice normal person. :)
Jenn Says:
You people are crazy...I am however all ready done with my Christmas shopping. So maybe I am crazy.
Post a Comment