So, as I mentioned in one of my first ever posts as a blogger, one thing I would love to be is a successful writer. If that doesn't ever happen for me, perhaps it could happen for Aaron. Yesterday, as soon as I got home from work, he runs up to me and says "Guess what happened at school today?" A million possibilities ran through my head, but rather than actually guessing, I simply inquired "What?" Apparantly, they began "tub work" yesterday, and for his tub, he was instructed to "write a story he had never heard before" and to "use words that they usually don't use because if you always use the same words, your story gets boring." Aaron then told me that his teacher was so proud of his work, that she sent him to read it to the 4th grade teacher and the principal. The principal thought it was so good that she asked him if he would read it to the entire school the next morning (today) over the PA during the announcements. He was so proud (and so were we.) Today, he brought home his story, and I figured I would post it here. This is the way he spelled things (I'll translate)...
Cachup and his sawwr frend mostrd explr the hotdog
Ones apon a tim ther was a hotdog. That was lonly but thin Cachup and mostrd sol the lonly hotdog. Thin thae scwrtid on the lonly hotdog. Thin thae ol had fun. The End.
So, here's the translation:
Ketsup and His Sour Friend Mustard Explore the Hotdog
Once upon a time there was a hotdog that was lonely. But then Ketsup and Mustard saw the lonely hotdog. Then they squirted on the lonely hotdog. Then they all had fun. The End.
I am so proud of him for using so many wonderful adjectives! Usually, when he writes stories, there are no adjectives. His stories usually go like this:
My friend came over. We played. It was fun. The End
Because he did so well and got such wonderful praise from people at school, and from us, I hope that he will develop a love of writing (and hopefully reading) and will continue to use those colorful, juicy adjectives!
1 comment:
live vicariously through your kids. that's my motto. way to go.
Post a Comment