Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Conversation with Sadie

A few days ago, I was fixing Sadie's mop that is known as her hair. She was sitting on the counter in her bathroom, looking in the mirror as I attempted to detangle without causing any pain. Not an easy task. As I'm working, we have the following conversation:

Sadie: "Why does God always watch us?" (this question is thanks to her wonderful Catholic educaiton :)
Me: "Because He loves us and want to make sure that we're okay and that we are nice to each other and follow His rules."
S: "Sometimes I don't like to follow the rules."
Me: "That makes God sad."
S: "I know, I don't like to sometimes."
Me: "Like when?"
S: "Like when I want to lick Troy."

Troy is her best friend, and they are in the same Montessori class at St. Mary's. The one time Sadie had to sit in the "time-out" chair (or at least, the only time I know about) was because she had licked Troy "like giving her puppy kisses."

No comments: